Fathers Day Present Ideas
So it’s nearly that time of year again, when we get to appreciate the favourite men in our lives. If you’re looking for Fathers Day presents which are a little different and support local business then read on for my suggestions.
The gift of a visit to a local brewery
We are spoilt for choice with a fantastic range of local breweries, including:
- Mad Squirrel – who have the bar on the High Street – https://www.madsquirrel.uk
- Tring Brewery – located between Tring and Berkhamsted – https://www.tringbrewery.co.uk/tours/
- Haresfoot – who have now moved from Berkhamsted to Chesham – https://haresfoot.com/our-story
Or for something slightly different, we also have Puddingstone gin distillery who run a variety of events https://puddingstonedistillery.com/events/.
The gift of the outdoors
The Ashridge Estate is free to visit, but have you considered buying National Trust membership? Buying it locally means your membership fee is spent protecting and improving our local area. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/ashridge-estate.
The gift of photography
Does the man in your life own a camera? Do they want to learn how to use it to take better photos? Little Duckling Photography courses run evening and weekend photography courses for beginners in Berkhamsted. Find out more https://littleduckling.co.uk. Gift vouchers are available.
The gift of home
There are so many gorgeous shops selling unique and gorgeous gifts for the home locally. Our favourites include:
- White Mint – an ever changing collection of funky items, and owners who promise a happy dance when you buy something – https://www.facebook.com/whitemintuk/
- Home and Colonial – https://www.homeandcolonial.co.uk (and who are we to complain if we get to go for coffee and cake at BlacK Goo while we’re there – http://www.blackgoocoffee.co.uk)
- Number 20 – and even better buying here supports the Hospice of St Francis – https://www.stfrancis.org.uk/shop-with-us/number-twenty
The gift of a photoshoot
Do you have family photos displayed on your wall? Maybe now is the time. Fathers day photoshoots from Lyndsey Abercromby Photography make ideal fathers day presents. Two options are available, 30 minute mini sessions at £69, or £139 for a 1 – 2 hour full shoot. Gift vouchers are available